Parking

Arbors
Administrator
I'm glad Thomas started this forum. I agree that parking has become more of a problem than ever, and think we should work with the county to try to come up with a better solution. What I dislike most is when I come home after 9PM & can't find a parking space within sight of my building; this is a new predicament. It's a complicated situation. I think there are more autos parking along SOG(occasionally includes a large Suburban van)than previously, and probably more bodies living or visiting at AOA. My unit faces S Old Glebe, and I can assure you that from about 7:15-7:45am the auto traffic along S Old Glebe bringing students to TJ has difficulty navigating when vehicles are parked in the restricted section along SOG. Everyone is preoccupied & in a rush - and there's bound to be an accident before long. I was recently told that the TJMS community is concerned about another section of SOG because busses have had problems driving off the school lot onto SOG, and they are considering restricting parking on another section of SOG - so I don't think we should wait too long to have a community meeting and brainstorm the problem. Our Arl Co District Captain Brett Butler may be willing to sit in on a subsequent meeting to give us some suggestions. (TJ staff have asked me how many residents live at AOA, and how many offstreet parking spaces are on AOA property - so I'd suggest we ask Ernie Lightfoot to provide these figures in advance of our meeting.) Maureen, 30.
??? - 2012-03-07
Lets take action to reclaim some of the lost parking along the street. It was discussed tonight that while the number of residents with cars has grown, the number of places t ...
Thomas - 2012-03-05
I'm glad Thomas started this forum. I agree that parking has become more of a problem than ever, and think we should work with the county to try to come up with a better solu ...
- 2012-03-07
Yes, Ernie mentioned in the meeting of 3/5 that TJ is unhappy about people parking on the curb along the exit from TJ onto Old Glebe. It is not fostering good relations with T ...
Demarie - 2012-03-07
P.S. I believe it was stated at the Board meeting that for our 115 units, there are 122 parking spaces, 12 of which are designated as Visitor spaces. Residents are not authori ...
demarie - 2012-03-07
I have been in touch with the county about this. It seems they took spots away on the street (or limited time we could park in those spots) for safety of students. It does not ...
Amy - 2012-04-22